As previously announced, IML, the association of the innovative pharmaceutical industry in Luxembourg has revised and updated their Code of Ethics. The proposed amendments have been approved at the General Assembly held on 17 April 2023.
The amounts of hospitality allowed to be paid by the industry to HCPs are adapted.
The value of meals provided cannot exceed certain limits. These limits are:
- Lunch may not exceed 50 euros, including drinks (minimum 1 hour of science)
- Dinner may not exceed 100 euros, including drinks (minimum 2 hours of science)
The cost of an overnight stay may not exceed 250 EUR (including VAT). It has been clarified that this cost also includes breakfast.
Here below you can find a summary of the other most important changes to the Code.
- Prescribers will be able to receive a maximum of 8 medical samples per medicinal product per year.
- Member Companies will have to disclose a list of all Patient Organisations they have supported on their website. This list shall also include a description of the nature of the support or services provided.
- A self-control body will be established, The Commission on Pharmaceutical Ethics, in charge of a new ethics complaint procedure.
The current revised version the Code is in effect as of 1 May 2023. With regards to the ethics complaint procedure, this will come into effect as of 1 January 2024.
Source: IML – LIGNES DIRECTRICES CONCERNANT LA VALEUR DES REPAS, DES NUITEES ET DES TRANSPORTS QUI SONT OFFERTS A DES PROFESSIONNELS DU SECTEUR DE LA SANTE DANS LE CADRE DE MANIFESTATIONS SCIENTIFIQUES