As a result of prolonged use and overuse of nasal decongestants, the Belgian Health Authorities have decided to switch intranasal corticosteroids to OTC-status. OTC-use is recommended especially for intranasal corticosteroids with low systemic absorption e.g. mometasone and fluticasone. These days, a good opportunity for the public pharmacists to stress their advising role and point out to patients that, unlike the nasal vasoconstrictors, there will be no immediate relieve when using intranasal corticosteroids.
- Junior Consultant vacancy
- Register your Industry Single Point of Contact (i-SPOC) on supply and availability
- Update Commission Regulation regarding monacolins from red yeast rice
- The FAMHP launches the Medicinal Product Management database
- Request to marketing authorisation holders to send the approved version of the risk management plan